National Deaf Children’s Society
Coldfusion support and maintenance, Google analytics statistical reporting, video conversion and subtitling, training and guidance, information architecture (IA), hosting and ongoing development
Form creation, website optimisation, forums, implementation of analytics code, bug reporting, feedback system management, support and maintenance weekly reconciliation, traffic light reporting
NDCS required reliable technical support, development and hosting for their website and micro sites. These sites are vital sources of support, information and advice for deaf children, young people and their parents in Great Britain & Northern Ireland.
What we did
Panlogic was appointed to migrate NDCS’s four existing services across three separate servers into a single new technology environment. We investigated the existing boxes (at third-party locations), created a plan to migrate them within the new environment and then performed the migration. At the same time, we documented this and then – once the migration was successfully checked – went on to provide ongoing ‘business as usual’ Managed Services (support, maintenance and hosting services).
- Providing software development and product expert resources to provide fix solutions, operational management and change support;
- Testing after every edit;
- Monthly stat reporting using Google Analytics;
- Maintenance of analytics code throughout site;
- Creation of regular site backups;
- Single point of responsibility and contact for support;
- Implemented a web-based ticketing system with full workflow and audit trail;
- Monthly service management reports, including: Number of incidents, changes and problems; Root cause analysis (RCA) reports of all problems reported; Forward schedule of changes;
- Implement effective and reliable hosting services;
- Fast response times – our response times have consistently been better than those set out in the SLA;
- Developing a Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity solution that ensured that the NDCS website was up 99.99% of the time.
The technology running these old services was ColdFusion, a programming language from 1996. Consequently, there were very few software developers who knew the language. However, Panlogic convened a team of developers who now service the sites on a monthly basis.
Panlogic has fed into the process for the re-development of the services, which will be undertaken once NDCS have created their five-year digital strategy.
“Panlogic have demonstrated a high degree of flexibility with regards to changing customer requirements i.e. when different stats need reporting, or when we have other requirements coming out of the blue”
Head of Digital Engagement, NDCS
See all case studies