Greater London Authority (GLA)
Systems and specification design (inc. prototyping), Requirements, Creative proposition, Information Architecture (IA), Content audit, and strategy, Creative concepts and design, Build, Hosting, Support & Maintenance and ongoing development
The European Programmes Management Unit (EPMU) within the Greater London Authority (GLA) wanted to commission an organisation to develop and host an on-line Directory of London European Social Fund (ESF) Employment and Skills Services. The directory was to build on and supersede the existing online Directory of Employment and Skills Services which covered West London and East and South East London.
The GLA sought a specialist organisation to enhance and improve the directory making it relevant for ESF provision across London providing it with an ESF ‘look and feel’ as well as add a number of new functional enhancements. Following the launch of the new ESF directory Panlogic were asked to continue hosting the new directory as well as the two existing West London and East and South East London with technical support for 44 months.
What we did
- Manage the transfer of the two live websites from the incumbent to Panlogic hosting provider
- Develop a new ESF branded directory and build in enhancements
- Roll out new enhancements across the two existing directories
- Develop a marketing strategy which includes promotion and launch plan for the ESF directory
- Ongoing support and maintenance of the three websites as well as hosting
- Our successful bid allowed the GLA to access ESF funding to build the ESF Directory.
- Panlogic developed a brand identity for the new directory which was also rolled out across all communications and launch materials. This included a desk aid for all Job Centre Plus employees detailing how to use the directory
- Panlogic added a number of enhancements to increase usability and efficiency. Once of these was to take their old system of Excel-based data-entry and build a comprehensive set of forms which save time and increase the accuracy of data entered.
- We also developed an advanced search tool which had the ability to search within a combination of postcode, borough and/or keyword. The user could then choose from a set of six advanced filters to further narrow their search.
Following delivery of the ESF directory we provide GLA with weekly Service Desk support that features a single point of responsibility and contact for support. We have agreed a flexible support system within an overall framework, which ensures that we will answer/manage calls as per their needs for the duration of the contract. Our web-based ticketing system (inc. workflow and audit trail) ensures that monthly service management reports are easily produced. These detail critical metrics for the client, including the number of incidents/changes/problems per month, as well as root cause analysis, forward change scheduling, allowance/budget tracking and so on
See all case studies